[ejabberd] New to XMPP

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue Feb 14 23:38:37 MSK 2006

Eduardo Figoli (INS) a écrit :
> Hi,

Hello Eduardo :-)

> I'm new to this list but not new to Erlang.
> I have installed ejabber and have done some tests with the Erlang XMPP
> client.
>
> Some questions:
> - Does someone know about performance of the ejabber server?

The performance of the ejabberd server is really really good. It beats
the concurrence and you can expect to have ten thousands to hundreds of
thousands connected users, depending on you cluster.

> - How long can it be a XMPP xml packet (IQ based, for example)?

It should not contain a lot of data. several kilobyte is probably a maximum.

> - Is something implemented for maintenance of mnesia traces and queued
> messages tables? I mean, are them automatically deleted?

No. They are not automatically deleted. Not that traceability of
messages is implemented in J-EAI an entreprise integration plat-form
based on ejabberd.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/