[ejabberd] no listening on ports

Dirk Völlger forums at thebiketour.net
Thu Feb 23 18:30:02 MSK 2006

Hello,

I still have problems with making ejabberd listen on the ports i defined
for msn/icq transports. I installed ejabberd 1.0.0 on Debian Sarge as
described on
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/docs/guide_en.html and the
jabber-server seems do work. Only the transport to servers like icq, msn
does not work. I found out, that the server does not listen on the ports i
defined in ejabberd.cfg . So when trying to connect with my ICQ I always
get the message: Connection on failed Error while Reading.

The connection to the jabber-server itself seems to be accepted, but then
there is a sudden termination:

=INFO REPORT==== 2006-02-23 02:00:12 ===
I(<0.209.0>:ejabberd_listener:90): (#Port<0.288>) Accepted connection
{{84,xxx,xxx,xxx},62747} -> {{83,xxx,xxx,xxx},5347}

=INFO REPORT==== 2006-02-23 02:00:12 ===
I(<0.282.0>:ejabberd_service:307): terminated: normal

Any hints to make the server listen to the ports?

Here is my ejabberd.cfg http://pastebin.ca/42892

Thx

dirk

--