[ejabberd] no listening on ports

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Thu Feb 23 20:39:49 MSK 2006

* Dirk Völlger <forums at thebiketour.net> [2006-02-23 18:12:12 +0100]:

> On Thu, February 23, 2006 18:07, Mickael Remond wrote:
>
> > What Jabber client are you using to use the transport ?
>
> I am using GAIM 1.5.0 on Ubuntu Breezer. I create a new account,
> choose
> the protocol (e.g. msn) and give in my login and passwort of MSN. In
> the
> serversettings i use msn.mydomain.tld with port 5235 as defined in my
> configs of jabber and the transport. And then i get the -error while
> reading- message

You are trying to connect on ejabberd on the port that are
dedicated to transports (not clients). You can only connect to ejabberd
with a Jabber client using the Jabber protocol (not another protocol).
>From this point, in you Jabber client, you can configure the transports
you have plugged to your ejabberd installation to declare your third
parties account.

Here is an example on how to set up a Jabber transport from a jabber
client (ichat in this example, but it applies to some other Jabber
clients):
http://allforces.com/2005/05/06/ichat-to-msn-through-jabber/

I am sure you will find plenty other examples on the net, for example,
with Psi.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/