[ejabberd] Mnesia error while clustering

Bryan Barnes Bryan.Barnes at SEILLC.com
Thu Feb 23 23:31:12 MSK 2006

Hello,
	I am attempting to cluster two jabber server, node1 and node2.
I have the nodes communicating with each other, but when I attempt to
start the second with the following command:

erl -sname ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at node1']" -s
mnesia

I get the following error:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.10 [source] [hipe] [kernel-poll]

Eshell V5.4.10  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberd at node2)1>
=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Feb-2006::14:24:47 ===
Mnesia(ejabberd at node2): ** ERROR ** (ignoring core) ** FATAL ** Failed
to m
erge schema: Incompatible schema storage types (local). on
ejabberd at node2 s
torage ram_copies, on ejabberd at node1 storage disc_copies

=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Feb-2006::14:24:57 ===
** Generic server mnesia_subscr terminating
** Last message in was {'EXIT',<0.44.0>,killed}
** When Server state == {state,<0.44.0>,24}
** Reason for termination ==
** killed

=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Feb-2006::14:24:57 ===
** Generic server mnesia_monitor terminating
** Last message in was {'EXIT',<0.44.0>,killed}
** When Server state == {state,<0.44.0>,[],[],true,[],undefined,[]}
** Reason for termination ==
** killed

=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Feb-2006::14:24:57 ===
** Generic server mnesia_recover terminating
** Last message in was {'EXIT',<0.44.0>,killed}
** When Server state == {state,<0.44.0>,
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               undefined,
                               0,
                               true,
                               []}
** Reason for termination ==
** killed

=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Feb-2006::14:24:57 ===
** Generic server mnesia_snmp_sup terminating
** Last message in was {'EXIT',<0.44.0>,killed}
** When Server state == {state,{local,mnesia_snmp_sup},
                               simple_one_for_one,
                               [{child,
                                    undefined,
                                    mnesia_snmp_sup,
                                    {mnesia_snmp_hook,start,[]},
                                    transient,
                                    3000,
                                    worker,
                                    [mnesia_snmp_sup,
                                     mnesia_snmp_hook,
                                     supervisor]}],
                               [],
                               0,
                               86400000,
                               [],
                               mnesia_snmp_sup,
                               []}
** Reason for termination ==
** killed

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Feb-2006::14:24:57 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: {shutdown,{mnesia_sup,start,[normal,[]]}}
    type: temporary

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this error?  I have
deleted the contents of the spool directory, is there more I have to do
to clean out the database on node2?  I have tried setting the storage
types on each database so they are identical, but I still get this
error.

Bryan Barnes