[ejabberd] MUC / JEP-0045

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jan 4 22:44:26 MSK 2006

Sergei Golovan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:45:24AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Just because you don't happen to like room locking doesn't mean you can
>> ignore the spec. Clients have plenty of options to avoid room locking if
>> they want to.
>
> I think that specs should be written carefully and defaults should be chosen
> with least surprise for user in mind.

IMHO this is about the client developer, not the user. A smart client
developer will hide complexity from the user.

In any case JEP-0045 is close to final so I don't think we'll make a
change of this magnitude now. But I'll think about it some more.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation