[ejabberd] MUC / JEP-0045

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Jan 5 01:40:47 MSK 2006

Sergei Golovan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:44:26PM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Sergei Golovan wrote:
>>> I think that specs should be written carefully and defaults should be
>>> chosen
>>> with least surprise for user in mind.
>> IMHO this is about the client developer, not the user. A smart client
>> developer will hide complexity from the user.
>
> And what about the declared idea to keep all complexity at the server side and
> make client side as simple as possible?

Unfortunately, you weren't providing your wise feedback on the
Standards-JIG list about this topic back in 2002-2003, and everyone else
on the list missed it. Changing the room creation model at this very
late stage in the development of the MUC protocol would probably make
life *more* complex for client developers, not less.

However, feel free to bring this item up on the Standards-JIG list and
we can discuss it.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre