[ejabberd] MUC / JEP-0045

Le Boulanger Yann asterix at lagaule.org
Thu Jan 5 12:09:21 MSK 2006

Sergei Golovan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 03:40:47PM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, you weren't providing your wise feedback on the
>>Standards-JIG list about this topic back in 2002-2003, and everyone else
>>on the list missed it. Changing the room creation model at this very
>>late stage in the development of the MUC protocol would probably make
>>life *more* complex for client developers, not less.
>

> Anyway, if client expects that new room is locked and allows only sending
> configure request then it can do that and will probably never noticed that the
> room isn't locked.

The problem is that other clients can connect to the room  while it's
not configured yet. And if I want a password to join the room, some
people can join before I have time to set it.

And in this case I think complexity is also in client side. A good
client will show the configuration window as soon as he creates the room.

Yann