[ejabberd] MUC / JEP-0045

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Thu Jan 5 19:34:10 MSK 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 09:08:18AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> My god, is http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0045.html#createroom-instant
> that hard for client developers?

No, It's not hard.

By the way, looking at section 9.1 of the JEP I've found one inconveniancy.

I think that service must not destroy the room if the owner cancels initial
configuration. It's unexpected to user. (Actually, if I requested config form
then I definitely don't want room to be destroyed). Cancelling configuration
form anyone expects that room parameters just aren't changed.
Room destruction is a strange side effect.

Cancelling initial configuration should result in "instant room" - room with
default config.

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan