[ejabberd] ejabberd advantages over Wildfire to the mailing list ejabberd.

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Fri Jan 13 06:05:25 MSK 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 00:23 +0100, Badlop wrote:
> Since it seems an open letter, I'll give my own initial response.
>
> Note that the hedgehogs that illustrate ejabberd related material are
> only artistic pictures. There isn't any animal actually being feed on
> the ejabberd headquarters.
Understood :)

> > versus the server formerly known as Jive messenger?
>
> Did you already take a look at those pages?
> http://www.jabber.org/software/servers.shtml
> http://www.jabber.org/admin/jsc/

I did (several years ago and aagain today)

> Each project have similarities and diferences, what attracts you more
> of each Jabber server, specially ejabberd and Wildfire?

I've been using ejabberd since I first chose between Jabber servers. We
planned to integrate alot of other functionality with Jabber.
Unfortunately that never happenned. I'm trying to make it happen now.
We're pretty much sold on Ejabberd but I thought I'd take a look to see
if anything changed. Wildfire is looking pretty good. I like their plgin
system. The Asterisk IM plugin is interesting (although much of the
functionality can be done using a Jabber bot)

> Did you or do you plan to post the same questions on the Wildfire forum?
I posted on this list since I've been following it passively for the past
year or so and know who I can listen to. I didn't even think of posting in
the Wildfire forum, but thats an excellent idea, so I think I'll do
that.

> Finally, if you already use Wildfire, don't forget to fill that survey:
> http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=17330&tstart=15

Are you involved with Wildfire?

> Thanks for your interest,
>    Badlop