[ejabberd] ejabberd advantages over Wildfire to the mailing list ejabberd.

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 19:42:18 MSK 2006

2006/1/13, Herman Webley <herman.webley at blitzllc.com>:
> > Each project have similarities and diferences, what attracts you more
> > of each Jabber server, specially ejabberd and Wildfire?
>
> I've been using ejabberd since I first chose between Jabber servers. We
> planned to integrate alot of other functionality with Jabber.
> Unfortunately that never happenned. I'm trying to make it happen now.

Depending on what does 'integrate functionality with Jabber' mean
exactly, it may or may not be increadibly easy to make it happen.

I can't compare servers too deeply since I only try others from time
to time (only surface knowledge, at user level). But I can try to
speculate if a given feature is easier or harder to implement on
ejabberd.

> > Finally, if you already use Wildfire, don't forget to fill that survey:
> > http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=17330&tstart=15

> Are you involved with Wildfire?

No, but I'm with Jabber. If you help the developers of any Jabber Free
software to know their users' interests, you are helping Jabber in
general, right?