[ejabberd] Catastrophic Presence Failure

Synx ejabberd at synx.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 9 05:02:00 MSD 2006

*turns off the klaxon alarms* Hey, I can't uh... afford a DNS service that provides SRV records.  Can't figure out how to do them on my own either.  So I assume that's the reason why everyone with an account at jabber.org, jabber.com, and any other remote server, does not receieve presence notification from accounts on my server?

I'm running a little server using ejabberd updated last on June 1st. It's really frustrating and I don't know how to deal with it. I want to be compatible with other servers as much as possible, but just can't make heads nor tails of this presence thing.  As well, intermittently messages will just fail to be delivered returning unexplained 404 errors and 500 errors, the only explanation being "Message failed to be delivered."

Another odd thing is I receive presence just fine. When someone signs onto jabber.org, my users see them sign on. It just doesn't happen vice versa, and many times there's that delivery failure that should never happen.  Any ideas?