[ejabberd] Re: read error

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Sun Jul 16 19:41:22 MSD 2006

On 16 Jul 2006 17:35:00 +0200, Mickael Remond
<mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yes, that's what my patch does: no crash. It refuse access (to avoid security problem from a misformed rule) and print the error in the log file so that the administrator is informed and can get the opportunity to fix it.

I'm afraid simply refusing access could be too restrictive. If it's
admin ACL then it's probably the right way, but if it's c2s ACL then
denying access on incorrect ACL will break all the server.

I would suggest to ignore incorrect ACL with clear log message.

--
Sergei Golovan