[ejabberd] Re: web interface supposed to write config?

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Sat Jul 22 21:12:58 MSD 2006

On 7/19/06, Christian Hammers <ch at westend.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> While playing around with the web interface I noticed that modules which
> I added there are immediately available to the server but seem not to be
> permanently written to the configuration and thus vanish after a server
> restart?
> Is this supposed to be? /etc/ejabberd.cfg is writable for the ejabberd
> user.

Yes, ejabberd web-interface does not write config file. In fact,
config is used only to populate internal ejabberd config database.
After that you may clean the config and changes you make via
web-interface will not be overridden. You can't delete config though
(ejabberd won't run then).

--
Sergei Golovan