[ejabberd] Re: ejabberd_service

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Thu Jun 8 23:58:28 MSD 2006

"Christopher Zorn" <christopher.zorn at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on switching a server from jabberd2 to ejabberd. Most
> things have gone well. I ran into one problem. The problem is with
> component connections. It seems I can not connect multiple components
> to one port. Why is this? I really would like to be able to do this.
> If you have a lot of different components then the ejabberd
> configuration gets messy. This is a real negative for people wanting
> to use ejabberd for more than an instant message server.
>
> If it is possible to connect more than one component to a single port
> then please let me know. I can not seem to find it on the website or
> with google.
>
> Thanks.

One advantage with the way ejabberd is doing it is that a component
can use several hostnames without needing one connection per
hostname.  Whether that usage is compliant with JEP-0114, I'm not
sure; it certainly isn't compatible with jabberd2.

It seems that it wouldn't be very hard to let the "to" attribute on
the stream header dictate the hostname used, as in jabberd2.  Here is
a completely untested patch that does that; the inclined may test it
and clean it up a bit: