[ejabberd] Re: ejabberd_service

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sat Jun 10 02:52:11 MSD 2006

Op vrijdag 9 juni 2006 23:25, schreef Magnus Henoch:
> s.devrieze at pandora.be writes:
> > AFAIR, the method that jabberd2 is no official JEP. So, I guess it
> > is very unlikily if support for this will be included in the main
> > branch until that protocol is converted to an official JEP. Maybe
> > someone can point this out on standards-jig?
>
> Nor is the ejabberd method an official JEP.

I didn't knew that.

<snip>

> It seems to me that the best solution would be to keep the existing
> behaviour, but add two new features:
>
>  - If the "hosts" configuration directive has the value "any", use the
>    jabberd2 method instead.
>  - If it doesn't, reject connections trying to bind a non-permitted
>    JID, to ease debugging of component configurations.

Other feature suggestion:
- To also allow load balancing with components that require sessions: remember
the IPs of the component node for each session and automagically forward to
the right IP.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/