[ejabberd] Re: Sending a message/iq from a web-app

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Wed Jun 14 17:03:39 MSD 2006

Hi,

I got mod_xmlrpc almost to work.
It seems that the Timeout parameter in mod_xmlrpc.erl is in millisec.
50 ms to wait for data after the TCP connection started might be a bit
less. If I set it to 60000, then I can connect with telnet localhost
4560. So, the instant-TCP-close-on-connect problem seems to be solved.

However, still:
Eshell V5.3.6.3  (abort with ^G)
1> xmlrpc:call({127, 0, 0, 1}, 4560, "/", {call, echothis, [800]}).
{error,closed}

All tests from http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/files/efiles/mod_xmlrpc.txt
return {error,closed}

I can also not get anything useful by typing the xmlrpc request by
hand. I always get HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request, like:

I send --->
POST / HTTP/1.0
Host: myhost

---> here already comes the response without waiting for the xml body data:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: Erlang/1.13

Any ideas?

hw