[ejabberd] in-order delivery

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Thu Mar 9 08:58:00 MSK 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 07:44:48PM -0700, Peter Millard wrote:
> The roster versus presence problem isn't nearly as bad as processing
> jabber:iq:privacy packets. If a client sends an iq-set which enables a
> privacy list, then I send some other packet, the iq-set for the
> privacy list MUST be enabled before my second packet is processed.
> This is one of the reasons that RFC says that an entity must *process*
> the packets in order.

As I said in one of the previous messages in this thread, if you really want
use privacy lists for security and not for listing "privacy lists" in client
features then you must check server reply before sending another packet.

Do you really think that after getting an error reply from the server (except
probably feature-not-implemented) one may act the same as if the reply was OK?

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan