[ejabberd] in-order delivery

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Thu Mar 9 16:13:18 MSK 2006

* Sergei Golovan <sgolovan at nm.ru> [2006-03-09 08:58:00 +0300]:

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 07:44:48PM -0700, Peter Millard wrote:
> > The roster versus presence problem isn't nearly as bad as processing
> > jabber:iq:privacy packets. If a client sends an iq-set which enables a
> > privacy list, then I send some other packet, the iq-set for the
> > privacy list MUST be enabled before my second packet is processed.
> > This is one of the reasons that RFC says that an entity must *process*
> > the packets in order.
>
> As I said in one of the previous messages in this thread, if you really want
> use privacy lists for security and not for listing "privacy lists" in client
> features then you must check server reply before sending another packet.
>
> Do you really think that after getting an error reply from the server (except
> probably feature-not-implemented) one may act the same as if the reply was OK?

I think Sergei has a good point here.
My understanding was that if a behaviour is important he has everything
to check that his IQ has been processed. I thought this is why the iq id
attributes was for: To allow the client to match the result of an IQ
request.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/