[ejabberd] converting to postgresql storage using debian package

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sun Mar 12 17:25:54 MSK 2006

Op zondag 12 maart 2006 15:07, schreef Wijnand Wiersma:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using ejabberd on a debian box at the moment. I used the official
> debian packages.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to change from mnesia to postgresql
> storage using this package?

I think it is possible.

> Or do I have to install everything manually?

I don't think that is needed.

> I really prefer to stick with the package system.

Transcript from the chatroom logs:

[01:32] <tom> aleksey, could you please help me to convert roster table to
odbc using ejd2odbc.erl? I don't know how to use it, thanks
 [01:36] <tom> it 's "ejd2odbc:export_roster(hostname,odbc)."?
 [01:37] <aleksey> you need to start ejabberd with odbc authentication, so it
will connect to database during startup and then call e.g.
ejd2odbc:export_roster("jabber.ru", odbc).
 [01:37] <tom> oh, Ic, thanks a lot

(from
http://www.jabber.ru/chatlogs/ejabberd%40conference.jabber.ru/2006/01/20.html )

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/