[ejabberd] howto: mass roster change

Staszek Pitucha viraptor at kni.prz.rzeszow.pl
Tue Mar 28 23:14:05 MSD 2006

Hello
I've made a big mistake... I installed a transport in ejabberd, but
misspelled its hostname, then copy & pasted it into other configs. Now
it works well for local users, but not for others. It isn't a big
problem now, but I'd rather change it, than wait for when I get any new
users.
All users have this transport installed, as well as some contacts on it.
How can I mass change that hostname in all rosters? If I had just
changed a letter, I'd try to binary-sed-it (and hope for no checksums),
but there is one letter missing. I'm on a mnesia backend (are there any
others out yet?).
I've played with erlang a bit (but not enough, to do it by myself), so
erlang + mnesia sniplets are welcome too.