[ejabberd] Summer of Code 2006

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue May 2 18:25:34 MSD 2006

* Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom at FernUni-Hagen.de> [2006-05-02 16:19:52 +0200]:

> I am open too any ejabberd project that can be done in the 3 months.
> So if JEP-163 and 0065 are done already, what would make sense to do
> instead?
>
> My wish is to dive deeper into Jabber and to apply parts of Erlang,
> which I have not practiced before.

What about an Yxa integration module ?
Yxa is a SIP server written in Erlang. Developing an integration layer
between ejabberd and SIP would allow to share user base and presence
information on both platform. By deploying Yxa and the Yxa module for
ejabberd, user would be able to use their account to pass phone call
using a SIP phone (hardware phone or softphone).

You would need to dig both in ejabberd and Yxa.
This is a project we have only superficially started and could benefit
from your work and our guidance.

What do you think about it ?

--
Mickaël Rémond