[ejabberd] Summer of Code 2006

Marc van Woerkom marc.vanwoerkom at FernUni-Hagen.de
Tue May 2 19:13:37 MSD 2006

> What about an Yxa integration module ?
> Yxa is a SIP server written in Erlang. Developing an integration layer
> between ejabberd and SIP would allow to share user base and presence
> information on both platform.
Would this allow turning Psi into something similiar like Skype?

> By deploying Yxa and the Yxa module for
> ejabberd, user would be able to use their account to pass phone call
> using a SIP phone (hardware phone or softphone).

Nice topic. I use my head set on a windows box, doing Skype calls
and my regular analog phone attached to a Fritz! box DSL/Wlan/Phone router,
which routes calls as either VOIP or ISDN calls.
Might I use the (Phone+Fritz box) as a SIP client?
Sounds very interesting.
> You would need to dig both in ejabberd and Yxa.
> This is a project we have only superficially started and could benefit
> from your work and our guidance.
>
> What do you think about it ?

Definitly something I would like to tackle.

Regards,
Marc