[ejabberd] web-presence module for ejabberd

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue May 2 21:21:16 MSD 2006

Hello Igor,

* Igor Goryachev <igor at goryachev.org> [2006-05-02 01:13:15 +0400]:

> Hello.
>
> I have written a simple module for ejabberd which tracks web-presences/statuses
> like in ICQ (http://www.icq.com/features/web/indicator.html) or in Edgar
> (http://edgar.netflint.net/) and outputs them as icons:
> http://www.goryachev.org/jabber-status/image/ (various themes are also
> supported) or raw xml:  http://www.goryachev.org/jabber-status/xml/.
>
> If somebody interested, the patch against version 1.1.1 could be taken
> from here: http://www.goryachev.org/jabber/mod_presence.diff.gz
>
> All your feedback would be valuable for me -- I'm erlang newbie.
> Thank you for the attention. :-)

I have briefly looked at the code (The patch actually) and it seems good
(The code is plugged into the good places).
I still have to check, but I think it should not work directly on
ejabberd 1.1.x (The internal session management has been changed and
optimized for clustered mode).
The change should not be very difficult however.

I hope to give is a try on a real site soon.

Thank you !

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/