[ejabberd] Re: Jabberlang, TLS and GoogleTalk

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri May 5 13:04:06 MSD 2006

* Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> [2006-05-05 09:42:40 +0100]:

> I'm planning to run a large bot network [1] and need to fix up
> Jabberlang to connect to GoogleTalk. It does not work with ejabberd
> 1.1 right now.
>
> I have sort of figured things out up to the point of establishing the
> TLS connection.
>
> I would like to implement TLS sometime soon, probably based on the
> ejabberd_c2s and similar sources. Is anyone interested in the patches
> and if so how and where do I submit them?

We are interested in the patch. We can send it to me.

> I would also appreciate any tips on how I could piggyback on the
> ejabberd sources and ifrastructure to implement a full Jabber client.

We were thinking on the contrary to make jabberlang much more
independant from ejabberd. It is not very user friendly (counter
intuitive) to require the developer of a client to install a server.

We are planning several change in Jabberlang for the next versions. We
will not start making the change very soon however. If you are
interested to work with use on Jabberlang evolutions, we can keep on the
discussion (maybe in private as this is not totally relevant in the
ejabberd context).

Thank you !

--
Mickaël Rémond