AW: [ejabberd] ejabberd vs Jabber XCP

Pieter Rautenbach Pieter.Rautenbach at clockspeed.co.za
Fri May 5 14:48:14 MSD 2006

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.tebivo.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920
>20k is no problem with ejabberd. You can have up to 63k if you have the memory.

>You need to use the epoll patch for erlang ( google is your friend ).
>
>And you need to specify the ulimit in linux.
>
>20k if i remember correctly require 1GB of Ram (approx. Or was it 2G?)

Not quite... Practice usually differs from theory (ideal conditions). Here are
actual production figures for a Linux setup (including all necessary patches and
configurations), having 14,287 users online:

USER     PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
ejabberd 16   0 5344m 3.2g 1532 D  7.8 83.6  1363:02  beam

Load average at that stage (dual CPU):
Avg1  Avg5  Avg15
1.14, 1.49,  1.44

Pieter Rautenbach