AW: [ejabberd] ejabberd vs Jabber XCP

Pieter Rautenbach Pieter.Rautenbach at clockspeed.co.za
Fri May 5 16:48:39 MSD 2006

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.tebivo.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920
Once again, I agree with the reasoning. What I don't understand, is why this
doubling in memory doesn't show up here (the figures are for the same time):

USER     PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
ejabberd 16   0 4778m 3.7g 1692 R 23.3 95.8 63:00.41  beam (32-bit, single CPU,
14,065)
ejabberd 16   0 5344m 3.2g 1532 D  7.8 83.6  1363:02  beam (64-bit, dual   CPU,
14,287)

Both the servers mentioned above is part of the same cluster. Could it be that
the memory consumption of the 64-bit server influences the 32-bit server?
Otherwise, I must conclude that memory consumption is not a function of the
number of online users.

Pieter Rautenbach