[ejabberd] Re: Jabberlang, TLS and GoogleTalk

Clint Miller tosvar at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:20:18 MSD 2006

Mickael -

We are also stuggling with jabberlang and would really appreciate some forum
to discuss and collaborate regarding the development of jabberlang.  I'd
really like to free jabberlang of ejabberd and flesh out some more
functionality.  It seems like a "red headed stepchild"... kind of
neglected.  Is there anything we can do to help in this regard other than
bug you about it?

In my dream world jabberlang and ejabberd would be worked on in tandem so
that each could serve as a test suite for the other... but that's only my
fantasy.  I don't know if others using xmpp and erlang share this vision.

...and Joel...
I am very interested in your patches.  Please send them on if you can.

Thanks!

On 5/5/06, Mickael Remond <mickael.remond at process-one.net> wrote:

> * Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> [2006-05-05 09:42:40 +0100]:
>
> > I'm planning to run a large bot network [1] and need to fix up
> > Jabberlang to connect to GoogleTalk. It does not work with ejabberd
> > 1.1 right now.
> >
> > I have sort of figured things out up to the point of establishing the
> > TLS connection.
> >
> > I would like to implement TLS sometime soon, probably based on the
> > ejabberd_c2s and similar sources. Is anyone interested in the patches
> > and if so how and where do I submit them?
>
> We are interested in the patch. We can send it to me.
>
> > I would also appreciate any tips on how I could piggyback on the
> > ejabberd sources and ifrastructure to implement a full Jabber client.
>
> We were thinking on the contrary to make jabberlang much more
> independant from ejabberd. It is not very user friendly (counter
> intuitive) to require the developer of a client to install a server.
>
> We are planning several change in Jabberlang for the next versions. We
> will not start making the change very soon however. If you are
> interested to work with use on Jabberlang evolutions, we can keep on the
> discussion (maybe in private as this is not totally relevant in the
> ejabberd context).
>
> Thank you !
>
> --
> Mickaël Rémond