[ejabberd] ejabberd vs Jabber XCP

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 21:35:47 MSD 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 6:31 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>> I figured 10 or more pizza boxes plus a couple of Catalyst switches.
>> Those run at 5-7k and there's some sort of a management thing that
>> costs
>> 12k.
>
> Those numbers sound like overkill based on what I know.

What would be more reasonable numbers? I suppose they will apply to
ejabberd as well.

> Until last week, Peter Millard would have been a good person to talk
> with since he was server team lead at Jabber Inc. also the main admin
> for the jabber.org server (which he transitioned to ejabberd at the
> end
> of February).

This is the part that I don't get. A server team lead for Jabber Inc.
and the main admin for jabber.org transitioned it to a competing open
source product? If that's not a case of NOT eating your own dog food
then I don't know what is. I would have expected Peter to run
jabber.org on Jabber XCP to showcase its capabilities, robustness,
resilience, etc.

	Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/