[ejabberd] No stream:features?

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 20:50:02 MSD 2006

I'm probably doing something wrong here so please correct me!

I would like TLS to be the only method of authentication on my
server. I used starttls_required on port 5222. When I connect and
send my stream header I do not receive any stream features, though,
and certainly no starttls that I should receive according to http://
www.xmpp.org/specs/rfc3920.html#tls

All I see is this:

<?xml version='1.0'?><stream:stream xmlns='jabber:client'
xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' id='1003200161'
from='localhost' xml:lang='en'><stream:error><policy-violation
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/><text xml:lang=''
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'>Use of STARTTLS required</
text></stream:error></stream:stream>

If I use starttls instead of starttls_required then I'm able to just
login without starting TLS. What am I doing wrong?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/