[ejabberd] How do conference rooms scale?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue May 9 11:35:34 MSD 2006

Hello Joel,

* Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> [2006-05-08 21:57:17 +0100]:

> How do conference rooms scale with ejabberd?
>
> How many people can I have in a conference room at one time? Can I
> have 200,000, for example, assuming that most of the people are
> listening and just a few talking?

No. You cannot. We have plan to increase the conference room
scalability. However, 200,000 people is a lot. It means that each
message posted to the conference room leads to 200,000 message sent.
To do this, you will have to distribute the room on a quite large
cluster (Which is not possible at the moment. I did not even thought
about a possible design).

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/