[ejabberd] Multiple servers for a single domain

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:10:30 MSD 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Mickaël Rémond wrote:

>> What is actually being distributed, though?
>
> All services and data are distributed.

Would you kindly point me to the Erlang modules or functions that
figure out how to route the message to a user within the same domain
but on a different node in the cluster?

What I'm missing is this... Suppose ejabberd gets a message for a
user in a different Jabber domain. It's clear to me that
ejabberd_router will look up the appropriate node using the domain
and route to that. What happens when the domain is the same, though?

Suppose I'm connected through a different node. Where is the mapping
between Erlang nodes and user JIDs?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/