[ejabberd] Multiple servers for a single domain

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Wed May 10 13:24:42 MSD 2006

* Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> [2006-05-10 10:10:30 +0100]:

> What I'm missing is this... Suppose ejabberd gets a message for a
> user in a different Jabber domain. It's clear to me that
> ejabberd_router will look up the appropriate node using the domain
> and route to that. What happens when the domain is the same, though?

It happens the same than for a single node. See how message are
delivered. There is a session table for online users. This session
contains the ID of the PID managing the user connection. This is what is
needed to route messages to an online user.

> Suppose I'm connected through a different node. Where is the mapping
> between Erlang nodes and user JIDs?

No there is no mapping (It would implies that a user is bind to one
node).

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/