[ejabberd] Multiple servers for a single domain

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed May 10 21:57:15 MSD 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Mickael Remond wrote:
> * Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> [2006-05-10 10:10:30 +0100]:
>
> > What I'm missing is this... Suppose ejabberd gets a message for a
> > user in a different Jabber domain. It's clear to me that
> > ejabberd_router will look up the appropriate node using the domain
> > and route to that. What happens when the domain is the same, though?
>
> It happens the same than for a single node. See how message are
> delivered. There is a session table for online users. This session
> contains the ID of the PID managing the user connection. This is what is
> needed to route messages to an online user.

And just for gratuitous detail about erlang, the pid of an erlang process
also identifies the node in the cluster on which it is running.

Tony.
VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE: SOUTH 7 OR GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE
9 IN VIKING AND NORTH UTSIRE, DECREASING 5 OR 6, THEN VEERING SOUTHWEST 6 OR 7
IN VIKING. RAIN AT TIMES. MODERATE OR GOOD.