[ejabberd] Jingle support

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Thu May 11 15:59:23 MSD 2006

Hello,

* Antti Ijäs <antti.ijas at movial.fi> [2006-05-11 12:16:28 +0300]:

> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to the ejabberd server so I hope you forgive me if I ask
> stupid questions ;)
>
> My main questions are regarding the Jingle extennsion (JEP-0166) and
> it's support. I'll keep it short:
>
> 1. When are you planning on implementing the jingle support to your XMPP
> server?
>
> 2. Would there be some additional resources and pointers in how to write
> the extension support myself?

As it has been said, only the clients need to support it.

> 3. I know that the ejabberd is programmed in Erlang, but I also heard
> some rumours that one can write c-code and use that. Can you give some
> valuable pointers here?

You can write C code by either:
- writing C code with the Erl_interface.
The resulting code will be accessible from Erlang. Only a small Erlan
wrapper will be needed.
- Develop a C component, supporting the Component protocol described in
  JEP-0114.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond