[ejabberd] web-presence module for ejabberd

Igor Goryachev igor at goryachev.org
Mon May 15 23:13:33 MSD 2006

On 15 May 2006, Santhosh N. wrote:

> I am a ejabberd newbie. I need some help in using the mod_presence
> module posted by Igor
> Goryachev(http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2006-May/001752.html).
> I have applied the patch against ejabberd-1.1.1 and compiled it. Also
> I have got the pathced server running. Now I am unable to figure out
> how to use the web presence feature, built into the server. I have
> made sure that the ejabberd.cfg is updated and the appropriate
> libraries and files are copied into the right places.

The web-presence feature by default is switched off for every user. If
user wants to use it, he should register on service presence.yourhost,
which is accessible from disco. There are two switches for web-presence:
xml and icon exports. The URLs itselves are:

http://yourhost:5280/presence/<user>/<server>/xml/ -- for XML output
http://yourhost:5280/presence/<user>/<server>/image/ -- for image output
image output with theme

    Igor Goryachev              E-Mail/Jabber: igor at goryachev.org