[ejabberd] eheap memory allocation crashes

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri May 26 17:10:09 MSD 2006

* Zbyszek Żółkiewski <zbyszek at toliman.pl> [2006-05-26 14:21:05 +0200]:

> Mickael, i am using R11 that include this patch and getting the same
> errors...

I do yet have a precise evaluation of the impact of Erlang R11 on
ejabberd. We are still evaluating ejabberd behaviour with Erlang R11, as
this version is a large modification.

> Beside that there is serious problem with offline messages - when You
> have large table with those msgs, ejabberd can simply crash during
> startup with the same problem (memory allocation)

We usually recommand to store large data in a relational database. This
is probably why you are having trouble, yes.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/