[ejabberd] eheap memory allocation crashes

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Sat May 27 09:48:12 MSD 2006

On 26/05/2006, at 10:10 PM, Mickael Remond wrote:

>> I'm getting crashes with ejabberd/Erlang with the following error
>> message:
>>
>>   Slogan: eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 153052320 bytes of memory (of
>> type "heap").
>
> Did you install the Erlang supervisor patch ?
> https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/CONTRIBS/Supervisor+-
> +Performance+improvement+for+dynamic+workers
>
> I have seen this error happen without this patch.

I didn't know about that patch Mickaël, thanks for pointing it out.

I've actually downgraded ejabberd_router.erl to the version that was
shipped with 0.9.8 (it seems to work fine with all the newer-
versioned Erlang modules, and routes correctly between servers as
well), and since I've downgraded I haven't seen that crash yet in
three or four days.  With ejabberd_router.erl from 1.1.1, our server
would usually stay up for only one or two days before we saw that out-
of-memory error and die.  If I see the memory error again with the
0.9.8 ejabberd_router module, I'll try applying the Erlang supervisor
patch.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>