[ejabberd] Disconnection from mysql database...

Adrian Almenar S. adrian at genexies.com
Fri Nov 3 14:51:15 MSK 2006

I have been checking and i found on mysql_conn.erl:

fetch(Pid, Query, From) ->
    fetch(Pid, Query, From, ?DEFAULT_STANDALONE_TIMEOUT).

fetch(Pid, Query, From, Timeout) when is_pid(Pid), is_list(Query) ->
    Self = self(),
    Pid ! {fetch, Query, From},
    case From of
        Self ->
            %% We are not using a mysql_dispatcher, await the response
            receive
                {fetch_result, Pid, Result} ->
                    Result
            after Timeout ->
                    {error, "query timed out"}
            end;
        _ ->
            %% From is gen_server From, Pid will do gen_server:reply() when
it has an answer
            ok
    end.

The problem I explained on the email after happens because it gets a
Timeout, I traced it to the part where (error, "query timed out") gets
called. I don't know too much erlang to modify this function but if anyone
can help me or can guide me to where I can read so I can make it it will be
greatly appreciated. I think the correct way of working is if it gets a
timeout, try to close the old connection and start a new one.

You can see this happening by connecting an ejabberd server to a mysql
database server and putting an iptables rule avoiding all connections to
mysql port.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Almenar