[ejabberd] audio / video conferecning & chat facility

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue Nov 21 12:51:21 MSK 2006

Hello,

Le 21 nov. 06 à 10:16, prashant n a écrit :

> 1. What do I have to do with the ejabberd server to have the
> audio / video chat & conferencing facility?

This feature mostly depend on your client.

> 2. jabber transports for other IM providers / protocols like yahoo,
> google-talk, msn, and more importantly skype IM.

There is several gateways available, scaling to different levels, for
Yahoo, MSN, AOL/ICQ.
No gateway needed for Google Talk, as it is an XMPP server. Simply
connect your ejabberd server to Google Talk via S2S.
I am not aware of any existing Skype Gateway for XMPP.

> 3. plugin in asterisk (Trixbox) / sipfoundry / freepbx pbx and VOIP
> servers

Gateways can be written between various SIP and ejabberd. We have
been working on such link for customers, but the code was tied to
their infrastructure. The extend of the work depends on what kind of
integration you need.

I hope this help,

--
Mickaël Rémond