[ejabberd] audio / video conferecning & chat facility

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Nov 21 18:35:29 MSK 2006

prashant n schreef:
> What are the preferred clients for audio / video chat & conferencing
> facility on a ejabberd server ? Is this feature dependant on clients and
> not on ejabberd server ?

Yes, you are true: audio and video do not need anything special in the
XMPP server; it is transfered over P2P. I think Coccinella is a nice
client that supports VoIP using IAX, and in which you can transfer
Quicktime media (also videos) using the whiteboard. I'm not aware of a
client that supports video conferencing though.

> Please guide me regarding howto configure the transports for Yahoo,  MSN
> and ICQ along with Google Talk via S2S.

http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/yahoo/
http://delx.cjb.net/pymsnt/
http://pyicq-t.blathersource.org/

Google Talk will work out-of-the-box, as Google Talk is running an XMPP
server like ejabberd for their service. You do not need to configure
anything! Just look at your firewall and DNS in case you encounter trouble.

> Regarding the Asterisk plugin: Does this work like the same as Spark
> IM's open source asterisk plugin from Jive Software.

No idea, I didn't tested it, but I like to know what it actually does :-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.