[ejabberd] Re: chatroom logging notice

Carl Hayter hayter at usc.edu
Wed Nov 22 05:44:27 MSK 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 05:15:49PM -0800, Carl Hayter wrote:
<snip>

Just an update.  I had to move the 'send_existing_presences' and
'send_new_presence' functions to be above the "warning message" sections
before it would work with Gaim.  I don't know if this is a bug with Gaim
or ejabberd.  Looking at the debug logs, it seemed that Gaim would ignore
any messages sent before it recieved the presence information...

                    case check_password(Affiliation, Els, StateData) of
                        true ->
                            NewState =
                                add_user_presence(
                                  From, Packet,
                                  add_online_user(From, Nick, Role, StateData)),
               -->          send_existing_presences(From, NewState),
               -->          send_new_presence(From, NewState),
                            if not (NewState#state.config)#config.anonymous ->

But otherwise... it works!  Many thanks.

----
Carl Hayter
Information Technology Services
University of Southern California