[ejabberd] Concurrent users

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri Nov 24 12:15:06 MSK 2006

Hello Anders,

Le 23 nov. 06 à 20:45, Anders Trondheim a écrit :

> Hi all,
> I've been playing around with ejabberd for some time and  I've read
> documents, faqs and done some tests with tsung (reaching about 6000
> concurrent users on a small pc with distributed nodes) but it's
> difficult to see how it is scaling on large clusters. What kind of
> setup is preferred and what kind of user / machine can one expect?

ejabberd can scale to very, very large deployment (several hundreds
of thousands of simultaneously connected users).
The real question is how much users do you want to support. This is
relevant question. Otherwise, you can get advice that will lead you
to oversize your infrastructure.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/