[ejabberd] XEP-0045 Implementation

Etan Reisner deryni at eden.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 28 03:59:46 MSK 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006, Mickaël Rémond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 26 nov. 06 à 04:44, C00I90WN a écrit :
>
>> According to the XEP, the MUC should allow multiple joins to the room if
>> the bare jid are the same, is it possible to see a fix for mod_muc to act
>> accordingly with the XEP?
>
> As you said, the spec says "SHOULD". It is not really a "fix" as not
> implementing a service that way do not break compliancy with XEP-0045.
>
> However, I am interesting in knowing more about your use case. Do you have
> example when this feature is useful ?

This ability becomes very useful in scenarios where muc room nicknames
are locked down. When implementing locked nicknames at work we actually
worked around this limitation by allowing for an
(optional) nickname+'-'+foo system for locked nicknames, but not needing
that can be very nice.

 	-Etan

P.S. I keep intending to clean up and submit my patch for locked
nicknames (unless I already have, I forget, I'll check later).