[ejabberd] Using ejabberd with iChat

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 04:23:14 MSD 2006

Hi all,

I've downloaded the latest release of ejabberd (1.1.2) and installed
it with the Mac OS X installer. I can connect to the admin page using
bc at bc.local after I start the server, and I can connect to the
ejabberd server when I set up an account for bc at bc.local using the Psi
jabber client; however, I can't seem to connect to it when I'm using
iChat. I can connect to other (remote) Jabber servers using iChat
(including another ejabberd server); however, I can not connect to my
local ejabberd server.

Does anyone know why iChat isn't able to connect to a local instance
of ejabberd? I've tried various combinations of server settings in the
iChat account setup preferences; however, nothing I do seems to work.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill Clementson