[ejabberd] Using ejabberd with iChat

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Sun Oct 1 10:10:09 MSD 2006

On 01/10/2006, at 10:23 AM, Bill Clementson wrote:

> I've downloaded the latest release of ejabberd (1.1.2) and installed
> it with the Mac OS X installer. I can connect to the admin page using
> bc at bc.local after I start the server, and I can connect to the
> ejabberd server when I set up an account for bc at bc.local using the Psi
> jabber client; however, I can't seem to connect to it when I'm using
> iChat. I can connect to other (remote) Jabber servers using iChat
> (including another ejabberd server); however, I can not connect to my
> local ejabberd server.

At a guess, ejabberd may not be binding to your localhost address
(127.0.0.1), and may instead only be binding to the "real" network
addresses on your machine.  You may want to double-check this, using
netstat or a similar tool.  Perhaps try using the IP address of a
network adapter in iChat.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>