[ejabberd] Using ejabberd with iChat

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 23:15:34 MSD 2006

> > > At a guess, ejabberd may not be binding to your localhost address
> > > (127.0.0.1), and may instead only be binding to the "real" network
> > > addresses on your machine.
> >
> > I had a look with "netstat -r" (not sure if this is the right switch
> > or not) and it showed the following:
>
> Use netstat -a | grep LISTEN to check for listening daemons.

Ok, I did the following:
/Applications/ejabberd-1.1.2/bin $ start
/Applications/ejabberd-1.1.2/bin $ netstat -a | grep LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  *.5298                 *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  *.4369                 *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  localhost.ipp          *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  localhost.netinfo-loca *.*                    LISTEN

I'm not sure whether this is telling me anything though (in the
context of my problem with getting iChat to connect to my local
ejabberd server); although this may be due to my lack of experience
with netstat.

- Bill