[ejabberd] Benchmarking problems

Evgeniy Khramtsov hev at sbyt.amur.elektra.ru
Fri Oct 13 08:12:55 MSD 2006

Mario Camou R пишет:

> I am trying to benchmark 1500 simultaneous connections. Jabsimul goes
> up to about 1030-1040 connections (I can't see the exact number
> because it changes very rapidly) and then starts getting "Connection
> reset by peer" errors. The number of established connections then
> continues to go up to about 1240-1250 and then oscillates but with a
> general downward trend.

Hmm, looks like I've found a bug. It is located in ejabberd_auth_ldap.erl:

-define(REPLY_TIMEOUT, 10000).
check_password(User, Server, Password) ->
Proc = gen_mod:get_module_proc(Server, ?MODULE),
case catch gen_server:call(Proc,
{check_pass, User, Password}, ?REPLY_TIMEOUT) of
false;
Result ->
Result
end.

ejabberd_auth_ldap process gets flood of the {check_pass, User,
Password} messages which it can't process immediately, and REPLY_TIMEOUT
expires in this case.