[ejabberd] LDAP authentication and mod_roster_odbc

Christophe Bouvard christophe.bouvard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 20:52:38 MSD 2006

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup ejabberd with LDAP authentication/VCard and rosters
stored in a MySQL database.

I have configured the LDAP support without any problem. But I encounter some
issue with the configuration of mod_roster_odbc.

I put the line {odbc_server, {mysql, "localhost", "ejabberd", "ejabberd",
"ejabberd"}} in ejabberd.cfg.
Then, I simply add {mod_roster_odbc, []} in the list of modules.

The tests are KO: I can connect to the server and retrieve my VCard, but I
can not manage my roster (the tables rostergroups and  rosterusers stay
empty)

If I switch in a full database configuration ({auth_method, odbc} +
mod_roster_odbc + mod_vcard_odbc), I have no problem.

What is wrong in my configuration? Could you help me please?
For summarising, I would like to use LDAP authentication and the modules
mod_roster_odbc and mod_vcard_ldap.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christophe