[ejabberd] LDAP authentication and MySQL roster storage

Dubromez Matthieu matthieu.dubromez at insa-lyon.fr
Mon Oct 30 19:16:06 MSK 2006

Hello all,

I have an issue using MySQL roster storage. I use LDAP to authenticate users and
I want to store their rosters in a MySQL database, but I got this error when a
user add a contact in his roster :

=ERROR REPORT==== 30-Oct-2006::16:50:19 ===
E(<0.279.0>:ejabberd_hooks:172): {noproc,
                                     {gen_server,
                                         call,

['ejabberd_odbc_sup_public.example.org',
                                          which_children,
                                          infinity]}}
running hook: {roster_out_subscription,
                  ["toto",
                   "public.example.org",
                   {jid,"titi",
                        "public.example.org",
                        [],
                        "titi",
                        "public.example.org",
                        []},
                   subscribe]}

Here is the config I use :

{host_config, "public.example.org", [{odbc_server, {mysql, "localhost",
"ejabberd", "root", "toto"}}]}.

{modules,
 [
  {mod_roster_odbc, []},