[ejabberd] Port questions

Matthew Reilly matthew.reilly at sipphone.com
Mon Oct 30 23:11:13 MSK 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 23:00 +0100, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I try to use ejabberd and I have a few questions regarding ports.
>
> 1. Can I close port 4369 somehow when I have just one node?
That's used by the epmd daemon. If you start erl w/o a name (i.e.
without a -name my_name or -s my_name, epmd should not start)

> 2. ejabberd opens some strange port which changes everytime I restart
> it. at the moment it's 42411. Does anybody know what this is?
It's a port that's opened to allow other nodes to send messages to your
node. This is registered via the epmd daemon. Again, it should not
exists if you do not use -sname of -name.

Note: not using names prevents ejabberdctl from working.